Here comes December and comes with it snow, the time for hot chocolate, and lying on bed. This is the last month of the year and the atmosphere is filled with excitement and thrill.
December is mostly known around the world as a family time of celebration, honoring cultures, religions and traditions that have been with humanity for hundreds of years.
Given below are a mix of some weird and wonderful facts about this magical month!
- In the United States, this month is associated with Christmas. There are Christmas decorations, sales, musicals, and parties. Many people spend their time Christmas shopping. A lot of people have days off around Christmas and before New Year’s Eve.
- “Jingle bells” was composed in 1857, and not for Christmas – it was meant to be a Thanksgiving song
- Common decorations on a Christmas tree each have their specific meanings. Candles – the light of the world, the Star at the top is a reminder of the first Christmas night and Candy canes are to represent the Shepherd’s cane.
- More Apple Watches are sold in December than any other month. Ahaa!!! Looks like people have been gifting generously.
- December is a month in which most cash is withdrawn from ATMs. Everyone seems to be on a spending spree!!!